Horizons Travelblogue

Sailing vessel Horizons, a Tayana 37 cutter, has been cruising the West Coast of Mexico and Central America for the past 9 years. This is the ongoing story.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Golfito, Costa Rica

I arrived in Golfito in southern Costa Rica a couple of days ago after a day long motor sail from Bahia Drake. I'm presently anchored close to Banana Bay Marina, in the well protected bay. It's a relief to have the boat hold steady after the heavy rolling from the swells at Bahia Drake. The rainy season seems to be now establishing itself, and it's now a bit of an effort to keep things dry in the boat.

I will post a fuller update very soon, including an account and some photos covering the visit of my old friend, John, from Vancouver. He returned home earlier in the week after two weeks of learning a bit about the mundane life of a cruiser. I now need to do some reprovisioning of the boat after being away from "civilization" since leaving Puntarenas. This includes obtaining more diesel fuel (I've used a lot more than I expected) and fresh water.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob:

So pleased you have arrived safe and sound. Thanks for quick email about arrival in Golfito. Look forward to hearing about John's vacation with you. Take care, Carol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter